Traditional beef stew with peas
Beef stew with peas is a typical italian “secondo” (secondo is the main dish after pasta and usually is made using fish or meat with some vegetables) and it can be cooked differently around Italy. The ingredients have to be fresh and the meat has to be of the highest quality you can find.
- 600 g boneless meat
- 400 g peas
- 100 g celery
- 40 g butter
- 20 g flour
- 300 g of white wine
- salt, pepper, rosemary, mint
- Heat the refractory oven with a good quantity of wood to make embers to cook for about 2 hours at 350°F
- After cutting the meat cover it with the flour
- Heat the frying pan in the wood fired oven and then melt the butter on, start roasting the meat on both sides. Blend with the white wine .
- Move the preparation in a pot and add onions and celery properly grounded
- Salt and let the pot in the oven with the door closed to control the heat for about 2 hours.