Coffee-rubbed prime rib roast
- 1 5-rib prime rib roast
- 2 tbsps. sweet mustard
- 1 tsp. espresso coffee
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 2 tsps. ground coffee
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- Trim the fat with a boning knife and clean the bones by cutting off the piece of meat (bella vista presentation) and the excess fat.
- Add the mustard and the espresso coffee and mix. Combine ground coffee, cocoa powder and spices and whisk them.
- Rub the mustard and coffee over the roast and add the spices mixture evenly.
- Place the roast on a grill in a roasting pan and bake at 150°C (300°F).
- Remove when the prime rib roast has reached the internal temp of 56°C (130°F).
- Let the roast rest, carve it up and serve with tufts of curly parsley.