Italian wood fired cannelloni
Cannelloni is a very rich and tasty traditional Italian dish. It can be prepared with either fresh pasta or dried cannelloni pasta ready to be stuffed.
- 500g meat sauce
- 500 ml bechamel
- 250 g of fresh pasta or dried cannelloni
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Fire up your Alfa Ref oven with a medium quantity of wood, to reach 300-350 and then wait at least 1 hour to cool it down
- Prepare the meat sauce and bechamel
- Butter the casserole dish and pour in a bit of meat sauce.
- Fill the cannelloni with sauce using a little spoon and store them in pan on wire rack.
- Cover with bechamel and Parmesan cheese
- Cover all with aluminum foil and bake at 200°C for 30 minutes
- Remove the foil, and continue cooking for another 10 minutes