Pancetta-wrapped chicken involtini
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- 100 g/3 ½ oz fontina (or other melting cheese)
- 24 pancetta rashers
- black pepper
- Cut the thighs lengthwise down to the bone and debone them trimming away the cartilage as well. Divide each thigh in two halves.
- Put the pancetta slices onto pudding moulds in a crisscross pattern.
- Slice the fontina into about 1 cm (1/2 in) cubes.
- Place each half of the thigh into the moulds, put a cheese cube in the centre, fold and secure it. Turn the moulds upside down.
- Arrange them on the baking pan and cook them at 170°C (340°F) until the pancetta is golden. Rotate the pan regularly. If the thighs have not yet reached the core temp of 74°C (160°F), move the pan away from the fire and wait for the end of the cooking.
- Serve the chicken thighs over a bed of parsley-dredged courgettes and sprinkle with finely chopped chives.