Cinnamon apple pie
- 300 g + 30 g flour
- 1 tsp. + ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. + 6 tbsps. + 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 200 g + 50 g cold butter
- 90 ml cold water
- 2 tbsps. lemon juice
- 2 Golden Delicious or Royal Gala apples
- 3 tbsps. whipping cream
- Mix the flour, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of sugar, cut cold butter into it and add some cold water. Stir quickly until the mixture forms a dough.
- Divide dough in half and roll each out into a disc with the thickness of a coin. Let them rest in the fridge at least an hour.
- For the filling, peel, core and slice the apples into ½ cm (1/4 in) cubes. Add 6 tablespoons of sugar and the rest of ingredients and mix well.
- Gently lay pastry over the greased pan and press it firmly into it and up the sides. Place the apple filling into the pie, cover with the remaining pastry and press the edges to seal. Trim the excess pastry and flute all around the edge. Cut slits in the top.
- Sprinkle the pie with the last teaspoon of sugar and bake in the centre of the oven at 160°C (320°F).
- When the crust is golden brown, take the cake out of the oven, brush whipping cream over it and put the pie back in the oven.
- Slice and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.