- The outer sides of the oven can reach temperatures above 50°C (120°F). Any flammable materials must not be within 1-metre radius of the oven.
- When being used, place the oven at a safe minimum distance from flammable materials or any other substance that can be damaged by heat.
- Put the oven away from wind or strong draughts.
- Place the oven on a flat and stable surface. Involuntary movements during operation may result in personal injury and property damage.
- Place the oven at a minimum distance of 20 cm (8 in) from the wall or any other equipment. Increase the minimum distance to 50 cm around the flue and 1m from the top of the oven.
- To move the oven more easily, remove the bricks inside the combustion chamber
- THE TOP VERSION OVENS SHOULD BE PLACED ON TABLES OR OTHER FIREPROOF SURFACES WITH ENOUGH LOAD-BEARING CAPACITY (for the weight, refer to the product data sheet attached to the instruction manual), ADJUST THE LEVELLING FEET TO HOLD THE OVEN STEADY.
View from above
One of the most common questions for ALFA Oven owners revolves around venting. Many owners find the need to customize the basic vent pipe and cap that comes supplied with your oven. We hope the following information will help whether you’re looking to extend your supplied pipe, add a bend to your supplied pipe or more complex projects that need converted to double wall chimney as well as penetrating overhead objects and roofing.).
- Outdoor installation with no overhead obstructions
- Outdoor installation with overhead obstructions
- Indoor installation–Vertical direct vent approved–MUST use UL103HT double wall chimney
- Any customized installation beyond the supplied single wall pipe and cap, ALFA highly recommends that you contact your planning, building and zoning officials to ensure all local building codes are followed along with necessary permits, where needed.
- DO NOT CONNECT THIS TO A CHIMNEY FLUE SERVING ANOTHER APPLIANCE
Our dedicated Venting Specialist will work with you or your architects and contactors to identify the best solution for your chimney layout. You’ll have peace of mind knowing that your venting system has all the UL listings, so you won’t have to worry about running to problems with the inspections process.
When installing the ALFA Oven in your outdoor cooking area with the venting away from any structures or low ceilings, the ALFA supplied high quality stainless steel pipe and cap are sufficient and no additional piping is necessary.
You can customize these systems vertically to assist draw or to help with your install design. ALFA and LakeView do not offer custom pipe or chimney, but we can help with sourcing by starting with Olympia Chimney Supply/ Copperfield Chimney, LLC manufactured pipe and chimney products.
Supplied single wall wood stove flue pipe can always be upgraded to double wall chimney.
WARNING: Major causes of vent related fires is failure to maintain required clearances (air spaces) to combustible materials.
Note: The outer walls of oven may reach high temperatures, more than 125°F. Position the oven so it is not in contact with the wall or other furniture and make sure there is a gap of at least 3 inches (7.5cm) alongside and behind the oven if you are using fireproof materials, at least 8 inches (20cm) if you not using fire- resistant materials.
For indoor ALFA Oven venting installations, or outdoor settings where your wood fired oven will be under a roof structures, pergolas, or any type of ceiling/roof.
ALFA Stone Ovens LPG/NG have all been UL tested and certified for indoor installation using approved UL103HT double walled chimney exhaust systems.
UL103HT Double wall chimney can be installed up to 60 feet vertically and must be a minimum of 3 feet above the roof or structure it is penetrating.
If you are penetrating through an overhead object you must remove supplied single wall pipe and start with Olympia Chimney Supply/Copperfield Chimney LLC manufactured pipe and chimney products.
If a bend is needed to change the pipe or chimney direction to avoid an obstruction, you can use up to (2) 30-degree or less angles but NEVER together to form a 60-degree bend.
Basic Guideline for ALFA Ovens Flue and Obstruction Clearances:
- Single Wall Flue Piping: Allow 18” of clearance around pipe
- Double Wall Flue Chimney: Allow 3” of clearance around chimney
- Combustible Clearance: Minimum of 3 feet below the ceiling is required
- Chimneys must extend at least 3 feet above the highest point where it passes through a roof, and at least 2 feet higher than any portion of a building within 10 feet
- Never fill any required clearance with any insulation or other materials
OFFSET ELBOW INSTALLATION:
- Avoid elbows if at all possible, as a vertical pipe or chimney is the most efficient.
- Pipe or chimney systems may have a maximum of 2 offsets (two elbows total) of 30-degrees from vertical.
- Elbows are manufactured in 15-degree and 30-degree angles, measured from the vertical.
- Do not combine elbows to create steeper angles and never exceed 2 elbows in one pipe or chimney system.
- A single elbow is defined as a 30-degree bend and then a 30-degree correction (one set)
ForExample:Youcouldhavea30-degreebendwitha0-48” horizontal pipe or chimney and then another 30-degree bend back to the vertical position.
- Do not use with forced-draft, positive-pressure appliances.