- The outer sides of the oven can reach temperatures above 50°C (120°F). Any flammable materials must not be within 1-metre radius of the oven.
- When being used, place the oven at a safe minimum distance from flammable materials or any other substance that can be damaged by heat.
- Put the oven away from wind or strong draughts.
- Place the oven on a flat and stable surface. Involuntary movements during operation may result in personal injury and property damage.
- Place the oven at a minimum distance of 20 cm (8 in) from the wall or any other equipment. Increase the minimum distance to 50 cm around the flue and 1m from the top of the oven.
- To move the oven more easily, remove the bricks inside the combustion chamber
- THE TOP VERSION OVENS SHOULD BE PLACED ON TABLES OR OTHER FIREPROOF SURFACES WITH ENOUGH LOAD-BEARING CAPACITY (for the weight, refer to the product data sheet attached to the instruction manual), ADJUST THE LEVELLING FEET TO HOLD THE OVEN STEADY.
View from above
IN THE GARDEN
When installing the ALFA Oven in your outdoor cooking area with the venting away from any structures or low ceilings, the ALFA supplied high quality stainless steel pipe and cap are sufficient.
WARNING: Major causes of vent related fires is failure to maintain required clearances (air spaces) to combustible materials.
Note: The outer walls of oven may reach high temperatures, more than 50°C (125°F). Position the oven so it is not in contact with the wall or other furniture and make sure there is a gap of at least 8 inches (20cm).
ON THE TERRACE OR UNDER A PERGOLA
For indoor ALFA oven venting installations, or outdoor settings where your wood fired oven will be under a roof structures, pergolas, or terrace.
If you are penetrating through an object overhead, you must remove the single-walled pipe provided and start with the pipes and chimneys manufactured by specialized companies.
If a bend is needed to change the pipe or chimney direction to avoid an obstruction, you can use up to (2) 30-degree or less angles but NEVER together to form a 60-degree bend.
OFFSET ELBOW INSTALLATION
- Avoid elbows if at all possible, as a vertical pipe or chimney is the most efficient
- Pipe or chimney systems may have a maximum of 2 offsets (two elbows total) of 30-degrees from vertical
DO NOT CONNECT THIS TO A CHIMNEY FLUE SERVING ANOTHER APPLIANCE