Roman 100% whole wheat bread
The wheat bread is the center italy country bread for excellence. If properly preserved it can last for many days. Ideal for bruschetta or toasted and stuffed with a good jam. As prepared with whole wheat flour is very healthy and full of fiber.
- 500g wheat flour
- 3 spoons of extravirgin olive oil
- 10 g Fine salt
- 350 ml water
- 1 spoon malto
- 12 g Brewer’s yeast
- Light up the refractory wood fire oven at least 2 hours before baking. Let dome becomes “white” and cool down to reach 390-430°F
- Mix malt, yeast, water and oil in a bowl
- Add wheat flour and mix it till the dough is soft.
- Put the dough in a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Let it rise for 3 hours or until the dough has tripled in volume.
- Start to form the dough balls as your shapes likes.
- Put the dough in a baking dish and let it rise again for 40-60 minutes until the dough are big enough. Bake in Alfa Ref wood fired oven preheated to 390°F, for 1 hour.