Gilt-head bream in crazy water
The gilt-head in crazy water (orata all’acqua pazza) is a very light yet flavourful dish that will blow away your friends or your partner.
Ingredients for two persons:
- 1 gilt-head bream (800 g)
- 300 g of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tuft of parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- half a glass of water
- half a glass of white wine
- Ask your fishmonger to scale and gut the gilt-head bream.
- Light the wood-fired or gas-fired oven and bring the temperature up to 180°C-200°C.
- Take the bream and fill it with garlic cloves and some of the parsley. Split cherry tomatoes in two, put them in a casserole and place the fish. Add oil, water and white wine enough to come halfway up the bream.
- Put the casserole into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. If necessary, cover with tin foil to prevent it from burning.