Perfect wood taste roast potatoes
The roast potatoes are a classic Italian side dish that can be served with almost every “secondo” from meat to fish. To get the potatoes gold and crispy we reccomend to use the Alfa refractory oven and cook for long time. Longer time will be softer will be the potatoes.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat wood fired oven Alfa Ref to maintain temperature of 390°F for about 1 hour. We suggest to cook potatoes the day after, when the oven is still hot thanks to refractory dome that keeps longer then other ovens.
- Combine oil, garlic, basil, rosemary, parsley, red pepper flakes, and salt in a large bowl. Toss in potatoes until evenly coated. Place potatoes in a single layer on a roasting pan or baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven, turning occasionally, until potatoes are brown on all sides, more the time is more softer they will be. We suggest at least 30 minutes.