Cinnamon Raisin Bread video recipe from Gemma Stafford
Our friend Gemma presents the video recipe for cooking Cinnamon Raisin Bread (Easy, No-Knead Recipe) using thewood fired oven.
- Cooking flame
- Oven temperature 200 °C
- Cooking time: 1 hour
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 11/2 tsp salt
- 11/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (120g) raisins
- 3/4 cup (188g) milk
- 3/4 cup (188g) water
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, yeast, salt, sugar, raisins, and cinnamon.
- Pour in the milk and water, and stir it in with a wooden spoon until your dough forms a ball.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave on the counter for over about 12-15 hours (no less than 12 hours, it needs this time to grow)
- After this time you will see your dough is sticky, boozy and has at least doubled in size.
- Scrape your dough out of the bowl and onto a floured surface and fold it two times on itself, kind of like a book
- Roll your dough into a round ball or ‘boule’ getting it nice and smooth on the bottom
- Let rise for 1 hours at room temperature covered with a floured tea towel. It might take longer than an hour. It will rise and grow, and also spread out a little too
- Score the top of the bread with a sharp knife.
- Bake in a HOT oven at 400oF (200oC) for 45/50 minutes. To get a crispy, thick crust KEEP THE OVEN DOOR CLOSED DURING BAKING, please.
- Let cool completely before devouring.
Note: Don’t open the door while baking. Any left over bread, slice and freeze. Then toast it and have with butter, heaven!