Discover BBQ 500
The combination of different cooking methods allows you to barbecue in an Alfa oven without having to buy a special appliance.
BBQ 500 consists of three simple pieces:
- The pan that contains the hot embers and serves as a support.
- The rotary grill on which the food is placed rests on the pan.
- The tongs for grasping and turning the grill to ensure even cooking without burning yourself.
BBQ 500 is compatible with all our home wood and gas-fired ovens. The steel grill can withstand temperatures up to 1 000 °C. You can choose how to bake: by placing the food over the embers for faster cooking or putting it to the side for a slower, more even baking.
Any ideas for delicious recipes?
Pizza alla pala (Pizza on a Peel): from the dough to baking, everything you need to know
One of the most widely known and popular recipes in the world of baking is ‘pizza alla pala’, thanks to some characteristics that make this recipe really quite tasty. The dough for ‘pizza alla pala’ is undoubtedly the most influential parameter in the success of a good product; as it is slightly different from that […]Complete recipe ›
Rustic Italian Recipes That Are Easier Than They Look
There’s a delicious cuisine in every corner of the globe. However, there’s one that holds dear in the heart of different from all parts of the world is the flavorful, hearty Italian cuisine. True enough, a recent survey that asked 25,000 people from 24 countries found 84% of them ranked Italian food as their favorite cuisine. […]Complete recipe ›
Why be satisfied?
By opening the oven door, you can increase the circulation of hot air (convection cooking) and by closing it, you can reproduce the traditional BBQ process (slower and richer in smoky flavour).
The perfect grilling
In the Alfa blog, we have already analysed the features of the BBQ 500 and the way you can grill like a pro with the oven.
Below, a short list of its main benefits:
- Blending two different sources of heat makes for meat cooked on point, crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
- With Alfa steel ovens, it only takes a few minutes to have enough fire and embers to start grilling.
- Seize the grill with the tongs to rotate it and move it to the hottest parts of the oven, keeping your hands out of harm’s way.
- The pitmaster does not run the risk of having clothes smelling of smoke because the chimney flue pushes it upwards.
- Alfa steel ovens are highly insulated and stay cool on the outside even when the internal temperature exceeds 500 °C.
BBQ 500 is the kit for the Alfa oven to make your cooking extraordinary. Follow our tips for perfect grilling and pick one of the best accessories to get the most out of your oven.