Discover BBQ 500
The combination of different cooking methods allows you to barbecue in an Alfa oven without having to buy a special appliance.
BBQ 500 consists of three simple pieces:
- The pan that contains the hot embers and serves as a support.
- The rotary grill on which the food is placed rests on the pan.
- The tongs for grasping and turning the grill to ensure even cooking without burning yourself.
BBQ 500 is compatible with all our home wood and gas-fired ovens. The steel grill can withstand temperatures up to 1 000 °C. You can choose how to bake: by placing the food over the embers for faster cooking or putting it to the side for a slower, more even baking.
Why be satisfied?
By opening the oven door, you can increase the circulation of hot air (convection cooking) and by closing it, you can reproduce the traditional BBQ process (slower and richer in smoky flavour).
The perfect grilling
In the Alfa blog, we have already analysed the features of the BBQ 500 and the way you can grill like a pro with the oven.
Below, a short list of its main benefits:
- Blending two different sources of heat makes for meat cooked on point, crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
- With Alfa steel ovens, it only takes a few minutes to have enough fire and embers to start grilling.
- Seize the grill with the tongs to rotate it and move it to the hottest parts of the oven, keeping your hands out of harm’s way.
- The pitmaster does not run the risk of having clothes smelling of smoke because the chimney flue pushes it upwards.
- Alfa steel ovens are highly insulated and stay cool on the outside even when the internal temperature exceeds 500 °C.
Do you want to know which is the best oven for you?
Any ideas for delicious recipes?
Sicilian Pizza: Trapani Rianata
The “Rianata” is Sicilian pizza typical of Trapani and is characterized by a very strong flavor and a strong taste For the dough we suggest you to consult our recipe. Ingredients for the seasoning: Tomato Oregano Red onion Black olives Desalted anchovies Pecorino cheeseComplete recipe ›
Pizza alla pala (Pizza on a Peel): from the dough to baking, everything you need to know
One of the most widely known and popular recipes in the world of baking is ‘pizza alla pala’, thanks to some characteristics that make this recipe really quite tasty. The dough for ‘pizza alla pala’ is undoubtedly the most influential parameter in the success of a good product; as it is slightly different from that […]Complete recipe ›