Discover BBQ 500
The combination of different cooking methods allows you to barbecue in an Alfa oven without having to buy a special appliance.
BBQ 500 consists of three simple pieces:
- The pan that contains the hot embers and serves as a support.
- The rotary grill on which the food is placed rests on the pan.
- The tongs for grasping and turning the grill to ensure even cooking without burning yourself.
BBQ 500 is compatible with all our home wood and gas-fired ovens (but the ONE). The steel grill can withstand temperatures up to 1 000 °C. You can choose how to bake: by placing the food over the embers for faster cooking or putting it to the side for a slower, more even baking.
Any ideas for delicious recipes?
How to freeze brewer’s yeast
Brewer’s yeast is a key ingredient for baking. It’s the most used starter in our recipes for wood-fired or gas-fired oven cooking. You can freeze your yeast and defrost it just minutes before making dough. In the fridge, the brewer’s yeast won’t keep for more than thirty days while if it’s frozen it can last […]Complete recipe ›
How many calories does pizza have? Pizza doesn’t make you fat!
Calculating nutrition facts and calories for a pizza made in a pizzeria can be pretty hard but this surely won’t prevent you from scoffing all of it. If, on the other hand, you can make a delicious, home-made pizza that you will bake in your wood-fired oven, you can easily track the calories and macronutrients […]Complete recipe ›
How to knead dough easily without a stand mixer
Hand-made pizza dough vs. no-knead pizza dough. You don’t have a stand mixer? Never mind. In this article we will explain to you how to get a perfect hand-made pizza dough. For centuries, man have kneaded bread dough without tools other than his own hands and the strength of his arms. Now, let’s […]Complete recipe ›
Why be satisfied?
By opening the oven door, you can increase the circulation of hot air (convection cooking) and by closing it, you can reproduce the traditional BBQ process (slower and richer in smoky flavour).
The perfect grilling
In the Alfa blog, we have already analysed the features of the BBQ 500 and the way you can grill like a pro with the oven.
Below, a short list of its main benefits:
- Blending two different sources of heat makes for meat cooked on point, crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
- With Alfa steel ovens, it only takes a few minutes to have enough fire and embers to start grilling.
- Seize the grill with the tongs to rotate it and move it to the hottest parts of the oven, keeping your hands out of harm’s way.
- The pitmaster does not run the risk of having clothes smelling of smoke because the chimney flue pushes it upwards.
- Alfa steel ovens are highly insulated and stay cool on the outside even when the internal temperature exceeds 500 °C.