Discover BBQ 500
The combination of different cooking methods allows you to barbecue in an Alfa oven without having to buy a special appliance.
BBQ 500 consists of three simple pieces:
- The pan that contains the hot embers and serves as a support.
- The rotary grill on which the food is placed rests on the pan.
- The tongs for grasping and turning the grill to ensure even cooking without burning yourself.
BBQ 500 is compatible with all our home wood and gas-fired ovens (but the ONE). The steel grill can withstand temperatures up to 1 000 °C. You can choose how to bake: by placing the food over the embers for faster cooking or putting it to the side for a slower, more even baking.
Any ideas for delicious recipes?
How do you make Neapolitan pizza? Here’s the recipe
The original Neapolitan pizza recipe has always been a debate among professional and amateur pizza makers, both with regard to the preparation of the dough and how it’s spread out, as well as to the choice of toppings and how to cook it in the oven.Complete recipe ›
Pizza alla pala (Pizza on a Peel): from the dough to baking, everything you need to know
One of the most widely known and popular recipes in the world of baking is ‘pizza alla pala’, thanks to some characteristics that make this recipe really quite tasty. The dough for ‘pizza alla pala’ is undoubtedly the most influential parameter in the success of a good product, as it is slightly different from that […]Complete recipe ›
How to freeze brewer’s yeast
Brewer’s yeast is a key ingredient for baking. It’s the most used starter in our recipes for wood-fired or gas-fired oven cooking. You can freeze your yeast and defrost it just minutes before making dough. In the fridge, the brewer’s yeast won’t keep for more than thirty days while if it’s frozen it can last […]Complete recipe ›
Why be satisfied?
By opening the oven door, you can increase the circulation of hot air (convection cooking) and by closing it, you can reproduce the traditional BBQ process (slower and richer in smoky flavour).
The perfect grilling
In the Alfa blog, we have already analysed the features of the BBQ 500 and the way you can grill like a pro with the oven.
Below, a short list of its main benefits:
- Blending two different sources of heat makes for meat cooked on point, crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
- With Alfa steel ovens, it only takes a few minutes to have enough fire and embers to start grilling.
- Seize the grill with the tongs to rotate it and move it to the hottest parts of the oven, keeping your hands out of harm’s way.
- The pitmaster does not run the risk of having clothes smelling of smoke because the chimney flue pushes it upwards.
- Alfa steel ovens are highly insulated and stay cool on the outside even when the internal temperature exceeds 500 °C.